Sunday, September 09, 2007

Done With the Fraud

Great White Fleet (the Big Stick) sent on world tour in 1907 by Theodore Roosevelt to demostrate the power and resolve of the United States

Ever since the Republican debates of last week there has been a surge that hasn't worked. This other surge is about perpetrating a fraud on Republican voters. No matter how many times a person can point out that Ron Paul is a fraud there will always be those that continue to go on about it but now, I'm done with it. My stand is this; Ron Paul is a Libertarian and has always been a Libertarian. Paul has tried for years to pass himself off as a conservative Republican. Paul is not a Republican he is a Libertarian. I know that Libertarians have some good points about reducing the size and scope of government and I agree as do most Republicans and conservatives. I have written to the the Republican National Committee and and have stated the above at every blog I visit where this discussion is going on. Ron Paul does not belong on the Republican ticket he must run within his own party and have his own primary. I was once one of those individuals that thought being a Libertarian could change things. That is just not going to happen because as I heard someone remark at one time or another; Libertarians will never get anywhere politically because trying organize Libertarians is akin to herding a bunch of cats.

9 comments:

dons_mind said...

i like your analogy about herding cats! fortunately, doesn't matter where paul runs - he ain't gonna win - or, even be amongst the finalists.

J_G said...

Thanks for stopping by d_m. I know a lot about these people because I used to run with them until they went too far and turned into just another hate America first group. I really can't stomach the conspiracy theories anymore.

Gayle said...

I'm with you, Jennifer! Ron Paul is indeed a libertarian and has no business running as a Republican. anyone with any sense whatsoever should be able to tell that. But I'm not really concerned about Ron Paul... he'll never make it. I just wanted to come over and tell you that I read your comments over at Wordsmith's on the post he put up about RP, and that you did a great job there. Kudos! :)

J_G said...

Thanks Gayle, like I mentioned, I've had quite a bit experience with conspiracy crowd. RP is now their Pied Piper. I left that years ago and not much has changed. RP was just coming in as a congressman. He was a liberatarian that couldn't get elected as dog catcher so he changed his affiliation to Republican in order to get elected. Talk about being intellectually dishonest.

Gayle said...

He's dishonest, all right, but I don't know about the intellectual part. I think he's as dumb as dirt!

Regarding your comment at my place about eating a moveon.org person for breakfast, I responded by telling you that you better not eat one of them. It could be fatal! LOL!

SusieQ said...

I couldn't agree with you more about Ron Paul.

Please don't eat a moveon.org person for breakfast or any other meal. I hear they can give you the trots at best.

I have in mind a counter organization called
remove-moveon.org.

patterns of ink said...

Good stuff. I came by to get your solid and helpful perspective on the report and hearings that has the Dems upset because it has too much good news in it about our efforts in Iraq. I hate to sound like an editor, but that's your assignment. I value your take on these things. =)

J_G said...

Gayle I've calmed down a bit since last night. I get to take out my frustration by throwing rocks as far as I want and not have to worry about hitting and breaking anything in a railroad yard that's filled with rocks and plenty of room. I have to find some kind of outlet to vent the steam off or get into trouble. My Irish doesn't give me a break when it's called into action.

Susie and Tom, I hope I've given you fine people enough information in my new posts to see for yourself what the general said and didn't say. The picture he painted isn't bleak or rosy but there is progress being made.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I'm really disappointed that the Paulbots did not so much as let out a peep of protest in this post.

You must scare 'em something silly, Jennifer.