Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Another Win

Diamond Shoal_Winslow Homer


Tonight when I got home from work and turned on the news I found out that the candidate I have endorsed, Mitt Romney, had won the Michigan primary. Congratulations Governor Romney, you deserved the win. Not only did Mitt Romney win the Michigan primary he beat the next highest candidate by 8 percentage points which is an overwhelming win to me. OK, nice win Governor but the fight goes on. The next stop for the candidates is South Carolina on Saturday. I think with this overwhelming victory over John McCain and Mike Huckabee that Mitt has a good chance of winning South Carolina too.

Mit Romney is a decent guy and is working hard for every vote that he gets. Quite frankly I think he's the only viable candidate to beat the Clinton smear machine. Mitt Romney was the Governor of Massachusetts and that scares some of my rather conservative friends but I say Mitt is an honorable man that will be strong on defense, strong on the economy and he may not please everyone when it comes to some social issues. That's just being honest and upfront with all my friends and those considering voting for another candidate. Some of the other candidates claim their conservative records are consistant. I say to them that in this election you may claim consistant conservative ideals but you have to be elected to implement those ideals.

Lets' see what happens next. I am FOR Mitt Romney for President.

Thanks Tom, I was thinking of you and your help "towing the line" for Mitt Romney's win when I chose the Winslow Homer painting for my "artwork du jour".

8 comments:

DD2 aka Debonair Dude said...

Please stop over at my place to pick up your Award and for a glass of Chateau Latour to Celebrate.

cube said...

And Mitt has actually run something besides his mouth!

J_G said...

Thanks dd2 I'll be over later tonight. I have to get ready to go right now.

Before I I go though I just got done examining the Michigan exit poll results at You Decide and it appears that most voters that identify with core Republican beliefs voted Mitt Romney and those that have democrat confused thought patterns and independent wishy-washyness voted for McCain. Is it any wonder why the MSM is trying to push McCain on us.

Marie's Two Cents said...

Congrats on your candidate Jenn.

I sure wish mine would catch fire :-(

The Federalist said...

I think WE are all hoping that Romney gets the nomination!

If we could only be that lucky...

:)

J_G said...

I don't know what happened to Fred, Marie. I thought that he would do much better than what is going on now. I discussed this very thing with one of my train engineer friends today at work and he seems to think that people are just not confident that Fred is in good health because of his very laid back approach to campaigning. Like I said before though, the candidates aren't spending any time in PA because they know we are irrelevant in Presidential Primaries so we don't see the candidates in person. We only get TV and You Tube and News article reports.

The MSM media is hellbent on trying to control who gets nominated in the Republican party. They know their candidates are weak so they are pushing McCain and Huckabee because they know that the rank and file will stay home if either of them get the nomination and have admitted this is the case.

Gayle said...

As you probably know by now, I'm backing Thompson, but will have no problem voting for Romney if he wins. I just heard that Romney pulled out of South Carolina. I wonder why he did that? I guess he has his reasons.

J_G said...

Gayle, Romney didn't completely pull out of South Carolina. He's said he would campaign there until Thursday and then go campaign in Nevada where there are just as many delegates at stake. I think he'll pull a second or close third in SC and win Nevada and there will be no way McCain or Huckabee will be able to catch up to him in delegates until Super Tuesday (Feb 5) when I think things will become a lot clearer.I said in the beginning of all of this that the nominee wiil be chosen by the early March contests when Texas and Ohio chime in. I think Romney will have the most delegates by then. I do think though if Mitt Fred or Rudy get the delegates that we can hold things together but if McCain or Huckabee win the conservatives will abandon the party and things will be changed from there on out.