Sunday, June 08, 2008

Smooth Sailin for Obama now...eh?

Gulph Stream_Winslow Homer


Now that the Clinton's have been defeated it's time for Barack Obama to explain to the people just what kind of changes he means to make if elected. The liberal press will be in the tank for Barack Obama as they were during the democrat primary but now he will have to explain himself to intelligent people. Then there will be some smooth sailin eh?

Foes

THANK Fate for foes! I hold mine dear
As valued friends. He cannot know
The zest of life who runneth here
His earthly race without a foe.
I saw a prize, "Run," cried my friend;
"'T is thine to claim without a doubt."
But ere I half-way reached the end,
I felt my strength was giving out.
My foe looked on the while I ran;
A scornful triumph lit his eyes.
With that perverseness born in man
I nerved myself, and won the prize.
All blinded by the crimson glow
Of sin's disguise I tempted Fate.
"I knew thy weakness!" sneered my foe,
I saved myself, and balked his hate.
For half my blessings, half my gain,
I needs must thank my trusty foe;
Despite his envy and disdain,
He serves me well wher'er I go.
So may I keep him to the end,
Nor may his enmity abate;
More faithful that the fondest friend,
He guards me with his hate.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

10 comments:

SusieQ said...

Hoorah! She's back.

Jenni, I look forward to your intelligent, informative political posts.

J_G said...

Hiya Susie, welcome back to you! It's time to get back into the fray. Nothing could be more important now than keeping liberals from gaining the White House and Congress. Hopefully we rally the troops to understand the significance of freedom draining liberalism becoming a power again.

I hope you check out my other blog too. I will be spending some time making people aware of our manufacturing base being eroded by harmful trade policies and shipping our high paying skilled labor jobs over to countries that would bury us if we freely give them the chance. Made in the USA

TrekMedic251 said...

Let's remember what happened the last few times a country followed a charismatic leader full of promises and little substance,.....

J_G said...

Yeah Trek, we got Monica Lewinski and an undisturded al qaeda and Bin Laden to roam freely about to plan 9/11. Things would be about the same or worse with Barack Hussein Obama. Thanks for stopping by, nice to hear from you.

Gayle said...

You're exactly right about Obama, Jennifer. He's extremely dangerous and has to be stopped.

Glad to see you posting again, girlfriend! :)

J_G said...

Glad to be back Gayle. My yard is all caught up, my garden is going and now I have a little time.

TrekMedic251 said...

J_G,..I was thinking a little further back in history.

patterns of ink said...

You got that right. He has a ton of explaining to do. I was writing some posts months ago that were about to attempt to explain part of BHO's appeal to the masses, but I'm holding off on the last installment until it becomes more obvious that he and his followers suffer from a Messianic complex.

If I'm not mistaken one of the first comments we ever exchanged was about a Winslow Homer painting I'd posted about.

Keep us posted!

Marie's Two Cents said...

Yes glad to have you back :-)

Since my mom passed I too have had a rough time posting.

I have been at my parents house in California since the funeral and with my Dad sitting on this computer 23/7 I have to get done when I get the chance to get on this thing as fast as possible lol.

I miss home and my computer UGH!

But there is no one left to take care of my Dad so m am under enournous pressure and quite stuck!

He is talking about rigging me up with my own computer for here, so we will see.

Glad to have you back GF :-)

Marie's Two Cents said...

Oops forgot,

NO! Obama is not going to get a free ride or pass as long as I have anything to do with it :-)