Monday, May 02, 2011

Bin Laden Dead




It's taken almost 10 years but finally US Navy Seals found and killed Osama Bin Laden. My Mother was still alive when the 9/11 attack occured. Mom called me in the morning and woke me up to tell me to turn the TV on. I worked at night back then and I knew something bad was going on when Mom called.

Last night I was watching some TV when the news broke in to say that Obama was going to make an important announcement. I thought well, maybe he realized he wasn't up for the job as President and was going to resign like Nixon did. I watched live when Nixon came on TV. Well, that wasn't to be, Obama announced that Osama Bin Laden was killed by US forces while trying to capture him. There was good news and bad news to all of this. The good news is that Bin Laden is dead and no Navy Seals or other US military personnel were killed during the operation. The bad news, Obama is still President.

God Bless our Troops and thank you US Navy Seals.

3 comments:

Mike's America said...

Wishful thinking that Obama would resign.

I'm waiting for more details on this event but it looks like we should thank George Bush for waterboarding KSM that gave us the info which led to taking down bin Laden.

I'm also concerned that the orders were to kill, not capture.

Marie's Two Cents said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

I'll tell you Mike as far as the orders go. I would have given the order to kill. Having Bid laden as a prisoner would be more problems than we need right now. He's dead, justice served. The guys that are going to cause us problems from herein are in Yemen.

Daggone right Marie Yeeeee Haaaaaa!!!!!!